A Year Of Simple Family Food ~ Julia Busuttil Nishimura
Delicious Recipes To Feed Your Family Through The Seasons.
Family food is generous, unfussy and demonstrates love and care. No matter what busy-ness the day brings, the act of setting the table and enjoying a simple meal together is comforting and ever-reassuring.
Eating simply and seasonally is at the core of Julia Busuttil Nishimura's recipes.
Whether it's a cooling coffee granita to start a summer's day or the comfort of a hearty baked maccheroni in darkest winter, this is the kind of food you will want to share with your loved ones throughout the year.
The dishes in this book are brought to life by great ingredients. There are plenty of quick recipes and some that require more time to bubble away on the stove. Overall, they are linked by taste and pleasure, and making the most of seasonal produce. This is generous, delicious food that the whole family will love, all year round.
- - Crêpes with whipped ricotta
- - Slow-roasted tomatoes with mint and mozzarella
- - Spaghetti with fennel and prawns
- - Apricot and berry galette
- - Granola with poached plums
- - Spiced split lentil soup with fried eggplant
- - Miso roast chicken
- - Blackberry and apple pudding
- - Congee
- - Lentil and maple-roasted carrot salad
- - Japanese braised pork
- - Dark chocolate, walnut and oat cookies
- - Tokyo-style French toast
- - Silverbeet and ricotta malfatti with brown butter sauce
- - Lamb and green bean stew
- - Simple butter cake with raspberries
Julia Busuttil Nishimura is a Melbourne-based cook, author and teacher.
Her food celebrates simple ingredients and seasonal produce and is influenced by her Maltese upbringing and time living in Italy. She teaches sell-out cooking workshops and pasta master classes and is a regular contributor to Australian and international publications.
Her first cookbook Ostro was shortlisted for the 2018 ABIA ‘Illustrated Book of the Year’ and named in Gourmet Traveller’s ‘Best Food Books for 2017’